Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Moo, Baa, La La La!

What better way to kick-off baby's book review blog than by reviewing baby's first favourite book?

"Moo, Baa, La La La!"

You would probably be surprised if you knew just how many times this phrase has been recited in our household over the past few months.

I started reading "Moo, Baa, La La La!" by Sandra Boynton to Charlotte when she was around four months old. It was, in fact, the first book I ever read to her. This book grabbed her attention right away. The pages are bright and the drawings are simple. The text is sparse; the words short. I make funny animal noises when I read it to her. Even I have fun reading and re-reading this delightfully silly book.

By the time Charlotte was six months old, she would slap the pages of the book in delight as I read to her. In my never-ending quest to keep baby happy, content, and instill my love of books in her, we read this sturdy little volume nearly every day.

Then, one fateful car drive home, baby started to fuss and the usual songs weren't calming her down. So I began reciting "Moo, Baa, La La La!" and what do you know, it worked! To this day, the words in this book soothes baby as well as any beloved lullaby. Her Daddy and I know all of the words by heart.

Charlotte loves this little book, without a doubt.



A splendid first book for its simplicity, bright colours and engaging illustrations -- short and sweet so Mommy and Daddy won't mind reading it over and over again, too!

The Official Sandra Boynton Website

Shopping at Sandra Boynton.Com

Moo, Baa, La La La! at Barnes & Noble

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a blog. I wish you fun and success with it.
    I bet Miss Charlotte will be a writer like her mommy and grandmother Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my kids' favourites! I recently took it out for baby - so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) This one seems to be a favourite with many families. Sandra Boynton is pretty fantastic!

    ReplyDelete